Hi! I'm Rami and I am currently working as a Research Engineer under the supervision of Prof. Wenzel Jakob at the Realistic Graphics Lab (RGL) at EPFL in Lausanne, Switzerland.
In another life I was a mathematician, completing a Ph.D. in Mathematical Physics at the University of Melbourne, Australia. I have over 10 years of industry experience spanning a wide-range of domains including medical imaging, geospatial intelligence and game development. Immediately prior to joining RGL, I was a Software Engineer in Rendering at Electronic Arts, working on their in-house game engine, Frostbite.
- Software Engineer in Rendering at Electronic Arts (Frostbite) - Melbourne, Australia
- Senior Software Engineer at Wargaming - Sydney, Australia
Image and signal processing
- Senior Software Engineer at Fugro - Brisbane, Australia
- Research Engineer at The Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health - Melbourne, Australia
- Software Engineer at Xamarin - Melbourne, Australia
Publications & Conferences
- Tabbara, R., Connelly, A., & Calamante, F. Multi-stage automated local arterial input function selection in perfusion MRI. Magnetic Resonance Materials in Physics, Biology and Medicine (2019): 1-9.
- Tournier, J. D., Smith, R., Raffelt, D., Tabbara, R., Dhollander, T., Pietsch, M., ... & Connelly, A. MRtrix3: A fast, flexible and open software framework for medical image processing and visualisation. NeuroImage (2019): 116137
- Tabbara, R., Calamante, F. & Connelly, A. Automatic selection of local arterial input functions in perfusion MRI using cluster analysis and priority-flooding. 26th Annual Meeting of ISMRM, Paris, France. (2018)
- Tabbara, R., A. L. Owczarek, and A. Rechnitzer. An exact solution of three interacting friendly walks in the bulk. Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical 49.15 (2016): 154004.
- Tabbara, R., Owczarek, A. L., and Rechnitzer, A. Counting two interacting friendly walks near an attractive surface. Discrete Maths Seminar, Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Science, Vancouver, Canada. (2014)
- Tabbara, R., A. L. Owczarek, and A. Rechnitzer. An exact solution of two friendly interacting directed walks near a sticky wall. Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical 47.1 (2013): 015202.
- Tabbara, R., Owczarek, A. L., and Rechnitzer, A. Multiple interacting directed walks. The Australian and New Zealand Association of Mathematical Physics Annual Meeting, Mooloolaba, Australia. (2013)
- Tabbara, R., and A. L. Owczarek. Pulling a polymer with anisotropic stiffness near a sticky wall. Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical 45.43 (2012): 435002.
- Tabbara, R., and Owczarek, A. L. Exact solution of a simple adsorption model of denaturating DNA. The Australian and New Zealand Association of Mathematical Physics Annual Meeting, Lorne, Australia. (2012)
- Tabbara, R., and Owczarek, A. L. The adsorption of an asymmetric stretched semi-flexible polymer. Annual Statistical Mechanics Meeting, Melbourne, Australia. (2011)